Monday, February 8, 2010

More Big Birds

I was pulled off the road trying to get a good shot of a heron (got a couple "ok" shots)...
Several yards ahead of me (to my Aussie and European friends, that's meters) I saw a huge hawk land in the brush by the edge of the road. I could only see movement in there from time to time, figured she was catching a mouse or something. After awhile she came flying out of the bushes. In the picture it looks like she might be carrying a critter of some sort but I'm not sure (the pic was taken in a hurry and through my windshield)...
And obeying all traffic laws, ie; using turn signals, keeping right (to my Aussie and European friends, that's "right"), proceeded down the street...
...and landed in the tree down the road a bit. I'm not sure if she was enjoying lunch or not, as you can see she was facing away from me, but she didn't stay there long at all.


Day*39

3 comments:

Jay said...

Nice shots.

Delunalore said...

interesting too...

Wayne said...

Thank you, thank you.